Already a member? Sign in
Job Announcement: Operations Manager
Newground Social Investment, a client-focused, impact-oriented money management firm, seeks a full-time Operations Manager for its Seattle team (part-time negotiable for the right candidate). This position offers opportunities for growth and career development within the Newground organization.
Newground, the nation’s first Social Purpose Corporation and second oldest investment advisor with an exclusive focus on SRI/ESG, was founded to serve clients who wish to create positive social and environmental outcomes without sacrifice to financial performance. Our individual and institutional clients are principled, proactive, and inspired to make a difference with their investments.
Now enjoying its third decade, Newground is a fiduciary, fee-only Registered Investment Advisor that is nationally known for its unique brand of sustainable impact investing which features shareholder engagement – through which corporations are called to embrace sustainability and to address the environmental, social, and justice issues that arise out of their operations.
To learn more, visit our website www.newground.net and, in particular, listen to the NPR/KUOW 94.9 feature on Newground’s engagement with McDonald’s.
Why We’re Hiring:
We wish to increase our level of tailored service to individual clients, particularly in the arena of personalized financial planning, and our capacity to serve institutions. This will involve maintaining and strengthening internal processes and infrastructure, to allow scaling of client service and Newground’s ability to positively impact the world.
Who We’re Looking For:
Someone with a progressive sensibility, who wishes to find their passion for social and earth justice reflected in their daily work. We seek a service-oriented collaborator who would welcome having a meaningful influence on the strategic direction of the firm.
An ideal candidate has strong technology skills, enjoys working on a variety of projects and seeing them through to completion, desires to learn and grow with the firm, and is able to retain focus on the finer details of a task while maintaining a big-picture perspective.
In particular, this position will involve maintaining and creating robust and scalable organizational systems, and improving office workflows to enhance efficiency so as to better serve clients. Patience and thoroughness will be attractive qualities in this position.
Regular duties may include but are not limited to:
1. Office Management (maintain and strengthen the smooth workings of the firm)
• Maintain and improve internal systems and workflows
• Evaluate and implement new technologies, as required (such as CRMs, Data Aggregation Systems, Custodial Platforms, financial planning software, etc.)
• Maintain rigorous compliance systems
• Business lease and vendor contract oversight
• Employee benefits administration
• Maintain office, including supply management and occasional interface with landlord
2. Client Operations (troubleshoot and advocate for Newground and our clients)
• Monitor and problem-solve issues with custodians, sub-advisors, other entities
• Research and report on client account issues
• Establish and maintain client file protocols
• Review and verify invoices and billing
3. Communications (compliant with FINRA, WA DFI, DOL, and the SEC)
• Regular outreach to clients and prospects
• Edit, design, and format prospect and client presentations
• Create and send newsletters, holiday card, and other communications
• Maintaining social media presence
• Coordinating client and community events
• Furthering Newground’s brand recognition in the community
• Excel & Access data management, extraction, and illustration projects
• Support shareholder engagement and resolution activism
• Customer service attitude
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Problem solving & conflict resolution
• Ability to work well within time constraints
• High attention to detail
• Computer programs: Outlook, Word (including mail merge), Excel (including advanced functions such as vLookup and charting), PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, CRM
• Sense of humor
• Professional attitude & appearance
• Self-motivated and ambitious but able to accept direction & work collaboratively
• Interest in Impact Investing and Shareholder Engagement
• Understands the repetitive nature of some client service work
Education & Licensing:
• Bachelor’s Degree required (advanced degree/certifications desirable)
• Minimum 3 years financial service experience
• Minimum 2 years client/customer service experience
Salary dependent upon experience; generous benefits package; beautiful water and mountain view offices on the lower slope of Queen Anne hill (near the Space Needle).
To apply for the position, please:
1. Place “Operations Manager” at the start of your e-mail subject line.
2. Include a cover letter.
3. Address salary expectations in your cover letter.
4. Attach a PDF version of résumé to the e-mail and send to: [email protected]