As the region’s premier resource for hands-on marine science experiences and conservation education, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about amazing Puget Sound and our world’s one big ocean. Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
The Early Childhood Educator presents nature-based, early learning programming at Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center, including Polliwog Preschool, Tadpole Tots program, camp programs and other on-site and outreach programs as needed. Non-teaching time is directed towards program administrative and curricular projects as assigned.
Recruit, Manage and Steward Volunteers and Lead Weekly Restoration Work Parties
• Host Saturday restoration events implementing restoration practices
• Record volunteers/hours weekly in database and create reports as needed
• Ensure restoration and project activities are properly planned, executed and completed
• Work with schools, youth, and corporate groups to implement projects
• Recruitment and support of volunteers, interns and others who will further the goals of the organization
• Foster a positive and engaging culture for volunteers
The Northwest School is a college-preparatory, co-educational independent school near the heart of downtown Seattle. We offer a rich and challenging program to roughly 500 students in grades 6 through 12, including 80 international students, many of whom live in our campus dormitory. The Northwest School is committed to a diverse workplace and actively encourages applicants with a commitment diversity and social justice.