Seattle Solar U is a free solar educational workshop hosted by Sunergy Systems in Ballard.
Solar stands with other renewables as a more viable and longterm alternative to the use of fossil fuels. There are many ways to combat climate change and solar is one of them! But many questions persist:
* How well does solar work in the Northwest?
* Are solar panels affordable for my family?
* What solar financing options are available?
* What solar incentives and rebates may I be eligible for?
The NW Energy Coalition (NWEC) and Oregon Solar Energy Industries Association (OSEIA) proudly present the Fall 2016 NW Clean & Affordable Energy Conference in Portland, Ore. Featuring a special solar track, this conference builds and expands on a long history of Coalition conferences addressing renewable energy, energy efficiency, fish and wildlife and protection for low-income consumers.
• NW EcoBuilding workshops, hourly from (11am-4pm)
• Solarize Shoreline Workshop, (10:30 am)
• KIDZone – High Voltage Demo, The Insect Safari, Home Depot make & take activities
• Trash Fashion Show, Gone to the Dogs, (2pm)
• Seattle Barter Fair - bring your homegrown or homemade items to trade (2-4pm)
Join the #NationWISE roundtable on February 23 to discuss stories of women working in various areas of the solar industry. The goal is to showcase diverse career paths and experiences and to prompt open discussion about female-friendly work environments in this growing industry. The event will include plenty of time for networking for interested professionals and students, as well as a panel discussion with women from solar energy installation, research, academia and national laboratories. Panelists include:
• Diana Brown, DLR Group (Structural engineer; industrial solar project manager)
When you combine a 30% Federal Tax Credit, Washington State sales tax exemption, electric company net-metering and the State's generous production incentive, solar pays you back!
At our Solar U, you'll get answers to all these questions and learn all about:
* Energy issues facing the US and how Solar Power plays a role in the solution
* How Solar Panels actually convert abundant light from the sun into usable electric power
* Solar Power and How It Works in the Pacific Northwest